Monday, October 14, 2013

Act Out Mystery Theatre - "Character Assassin "



On Saturday the 12th of October 2013, I had my first show as the understudy for the show “Character Assassin”. I played the parts of Eva and Anita, the twin sisters in the case. It was a lot of fun and I regained a lot of my lost confidence in myself as an actress. Since I was cast to be in a local production of “Noises Off” and then told that I was being dropped from the show because my “acting abilities weren’t up to the standards” that play house was used to getting. That really upset me, and made me wonder whether or not I should really work on becoming an actress or not. I had been giving that show my all, and it wasn’t enough. After the show of “Character Assassin” on Saturday and all the actors went out to meet and greet the audience, we were all showered with praise, including me. I was overjoyed, to say the least. This show I regained my confidence and conviction. Acting is fun for me, and if I can find a way to make a living doing something that I love, then I’m going to do it. 

There are several more shows left to go, if you are near Long Beach and want to see the show for a discounted price follow this link: http://www.goldstar.com/events/long-beach-ca/character-assassin

No comments:

Post a Comment