Friday, July 26, 2013

Good Week

Despite the fact that I didn't think I would have a good week considering last week. It turns out I was wrong. What I mean by that is as of this Summer much of what I will be doing next week is dictated by what is accomplished the week before. Casting calls answered, auditions taken dates made with friends all happen (hopefully) at least a week in advance. Making last week pretty much blah. Nothing was set up or planned really. So, with some help from my fairy godmother, who also happens to me my biological mother. She pointed me in the right direction by sending me links to a really good website, if you're new to theater and want to become involved and you live in Orange County California then I recommend you check it out.
 Instead of finding out through word of mouth and not so great Google searches to find all of your local theaters and their websites, just click the link and you will find a list of all the theaters and their upcoming auditions and shows. The theaters are posted in order of the soonest upcoming audition. This I find very helpful. It's much better than saving all the links to all the theaters somewhere and then checking them all periodically. You can just click the link and get there.
http://www.nicholasthurkettle.com/ocstageauditions/

This website let me know about the theater "Stage Door" which I had never been too, and the audition for the show "Noises Off", which is such a great play. I went to the audition on Sunday.  

Monday I posted a video that a good friend of mine put together into a video contest. Unfortunately, we didn't get past the first round of judging, none the less it was a great experience and it was now behind me and I was no longer worrying about it, so I could truly appreciate it. I will be posting the video on my YouTube channel soon.

Tuesday I met up with a friend from school and shared a Starbucks, which was nice. Then I hurried over to Long Beach. to go to another audition, this time for a new play called "Character Assassin". I found this audition through my fairy godmother as well. She found the post, I don't know how, via facebook and forwarded the post to me.

Wednesday I spent the day with my brother in Downtown Disney. Let us all take this moment to appreciate Haagen Dasz...

...

Okay so Thursday I went out for lunch with a writer friend I haven't seen since April. I went shopping and I went out hunting for a skirt that can fit in a 1930's looking outfit for an audition I'm going to in early August. I was unsuccessful. I also went to my school to try and get more information on some job postings that I saw on-line on the work force center for students. I got there at 4:03 p.m. and they close at 4:00. Crap!   I got home feeling a bit unhappy with myself when I got a call from Stage Door, saying that I had gotten the part I had auditioned for, the character of Poppy. I was so overjoyed!

Today, first thing I got an email from the writer and director of "Character Assassin" asking if I would be interested in being the understudy for one of the smaller parts, which was totally fine with me. That means I can get out of going to most of the rehearsals, and Long Beach is not exactly down the street from me. I also got a script for a short film that a fellow actor of mine is creating. It is so funny, I'm even more excited to become a part of it. ALSO I went to the fabric store, bought the perfect fabric for my skirt, and made the damn thing! Then when the mail came in I got a scholarship check that will well cover my college books for the year.

It's been a good week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment