Friday, July 19, 2013

Summer Actors

Okay, I have a bone to pick with some people. In particular, young women who choose to be actress only during the summer. Just because it messes with my ratios so badly. Generally speaking I can get one job a month on extrasaccess.com alone, after submitting for about twenty jobs. Now it's summer and there are so many more postings on actorsaccess and extrasaccess, more postings means more work right? Wrong! In the acting and extras world there is a high percentage of turn over for actors. People try it out for a couple of jobs a year and then stop. That's the nature of the business. I've found since summer started with a new generation of young women who have just turned eighteen and in between high school and college there is a huge influx of actresses who want to "try the acting thing" before school starts up again.
I realize this is not true for everyone who tries acting during the summer, they may be truly trying to make it their job to be an actor, blah, blah, blah. Far be it for me to stop someone for trying out something new. After all I first started looking at acting seriously for money earlier this February. But it still bothers me just the number of people that must be submitting themselves for my ratios to take this big of a dump this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment