Saturday, July 2, 2011

I have a Plan

For the past few days I have been very stressed out. Since I joined Avon, I’ve had to learn the Avon terminology or “language of the business” on top of that I needed to figure out what I wanted to do with the job. Did I want to earn the bare minimum of what I need, or more? Then I realized I didn’t really have any idea how much money I need to do the things I want to do with the money. So there were a lot of questions that I needed answered and most of which I didn’t know how to ask, or where to look. The worst part of it though, was that there were a lot of questions I didn’t even know that I needed to ask. (That was the part that really sucked.) Learning the language of the job, finding out what I wanted out of the job, figuring out what I want and need from the job, and whether or not I tie everything together into something I was capable of doing. I put myself under a lot of stress to find these things out, and I have been very uptight and “not fun” as my Mama would say, (and I think did say at one point).
  But I’ve figured out what I want the job to pay for, and how much I need. I’ve learned enough of the Avon language to achieve that dollar amount, probably not as fast and as effectively as possible, but I am learning as I go, so it’s good enough for me. After all the right questions were asked and most of them answered, I feel a whole lot better, and not under so much stress. I now have a plan, and as anyone who knows me well can attest, (and not many know me well) I am much more fun when I have a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment