Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Texting is a Life Sucker

So I just got back from Disneyland, hence the late blog, and I got back a bit earlier than I anticipated. After the sunset, the temperature started to drop, and I didn’t bring a sweater, so I decided it would be best to leave the Happiest Place on Earth on search of warmth. In leaving when I did, I had in my possession two fast passes for the Indiana Jones ride that were not ready yet, so instead of letting them go to waste, it was decided that they were to be given to the first couple seen. The first couple I saw near Adventure land was texting separately on their phones and walking at the same time, and it proved that attempting to hail them was futile, even when standing right next to the girl and practically speaking in her ear. Not too long after this a second couple was found and the tickets were given away. Upon reflection I couldn’t help but wonder that if the couple texting had the good common sense of participating in the real world, as opposed to the cyber world, then they would undoubtedly have had a fuller experience at Disneyland, and perhaps even a better life in general, but we and they will probably never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment